Cargo turnover in the sea ports of Ukraine is growing every year, expanding not only the quantity and quality of the transported goods, but also increasing the popularity of certain sectors of the country's economy.
The construction industry fits in perfectly with the shipping system, thanks to the huge cargo turnover and many other opportunities offered by the ports. A fairly common type of transportation is the transshipment of building materials (gypsum crumbs, knauf and other materials.)
In order for the transshipment of building materials to be carried out quickly, smoothly and as comfortable as possible for all parties, it is necessary to take into account all the nuances associated with a specific type of cargo and prevent possible unpleasant moments.
What does the transshipment process include?First of all, this is a system of measures for the transshipment of goods from one mode of transport to another.
This action is performed as in transit transshipment, as well as in import or export;
- then the cargo is sorted;
- then the selection and packaging of materials;
- if necessary, materials are determined for temporary storage in port warehouses;
- further loading on a ship
- and transportation itself.
Important moments of the transshipment complexIn port cities, the infrastructure of loading and unloading complexes is quite well developed, which includes unloading equipment: pneumatic or gantry cranes, various loaders, pontoon equipment and many other advanced technological equipment.
A big plus is the presence of a railway network near the port for the continuous sending of trains. This is an important feature that helps transport building materials on a large scale.
How is the transshipment of building materials?To understand what this process consists of, it is necessary to consider it on the example of the most common system of materials that are often transported by ships. A good example is goods such as Knauf bulk materials or gypsum crumbs.
Briefly about the main thing: building materialsThe assortment of Knauf, the leading company in Europe, includes not only glue, various types of plaster and putty, but also various mixes for flooring, gypsum and many other products. Combines all these products with a loose consistency and construction and repair orientation.
Gypsum is a fairly common material in the construction industry, which, due to its strength characteristics and low cost, has few analogues. More often gypsum is transported by sea.
To choose the method of proper transportation of goods, you need to understand how gypsum crumbs are produced.
Gypsum crumb manufacturing technology:
- initial grinding and granulation of gypsum stone on a specialized crusher;
- transshipment of goods to the mill for subsequent abrasion and sieving;
- loading the resulting gypsum crumbs into the furnace to perform the firing process;
- the remaining gypsum is sent again to the mill for re-sieving;
- after roasting the crumbs to the desired fraction, it is sent to the production workshop for further packaging and packaging.
Storage conditions for Knauf building materials and other materials with a gypsum componentIt should be noted that any plaster mix on a gypsum basis has its own shelf life, which is quite compressed and, as a rule, is about 6 months. After this time, the product may change its structure for the worse, due to the specifics of the material.
The composition of building materials with gypsum fillers includes additives that positively affect the performance of the product, but their effectiveness is achieved only if the correct temperature conditions are observed.
Storage conditions for gypsum and Knauf materials:
- exclusively dry rooms, without changing climatic conditions, as well as without changing the humidity regime;
- violation of the integrity of the package is not allowed, which in some way fulfills the protective role against ingress of excess moisture.
- It should also be noted that the shelf life indicated on the package corresponds to the actual shelf life of materials ONLY subject to the integrity of the package, without moisture and other factors.
- The manufacturer recommends that the unpacked packaging of the mixture be stored in a plastic bag, which is sealed and additionally sealed.
Key components of the process of transshipment of building materials:
- receipt of goods by rail or road, depending on the geographical location of the manufacturing plant and port;
- selection of a warehouse and, if necessary, storage of goods in the port;
- loading of building materials with the help of loaders on a ship. This condition is only met under weather conditions that prevent moisture from accessing materials;
- passing the customs control zone;
- if necessary, the implementation of brokerage services by appropriate specialists;
- execution of a full package of documents in accordance with the terms of export or import;
An expanded range of services for the transshipment of building materials includes the following actions:
- work on the acceptance of bulk (crumb gypsum) or packaged materials (putty or Knauf mixes) by any type of transport connection;
- sampling of goods for further laboratory testing;
- expert review by independent surveyors;
- storage of goods in the condition of warehouses, exclusively closed type, in connection with the relevant specifics of the goods;
- transshipment services;
- additional packaging of building mixtures to prevent moisture penetration;
- customs declaration and registration of the necessary documentation for the goods;
- port forwarding
Why is it necessary to use such a service as transshipment of building materials in a port?The transshipment of building materials and Knauf mixes, in particular, are rightfully recognized among port services by right, they are no different from other goods requiring the above actions. The correct approach to its organization and further control over the quality of its implementation will only positively affect the safety of cargo during transportation.
In addition, trusting specialists in this industry, you will receive not only the goods in integrity and safety, but also the confidence that your building materials will be delivered to the recipient in a clearly agreed time, without additional charges, unnecessary nerves and other force majeure.
Container for transshipment and transportation of building materialsThe most accessible, efficient, lightweight, and easy to use for loading and transhipment of the construction industry is a kind of bags (big bags), calculated at any capacity.
Port Process OptimizationOne of the most important and critical stages of port work is the transshipment of building materials, since the optimization and optimization of the process, the minimization of losses and, of course, the safety of the cargo and financial costs of the customer depend on the speed and quality of its implementation.
Therefore, there are several options for transshipment. For example, during the transshipment of gypsum crumbs, a direct version of the work is used, due to which time for additional operations is reduced and time is saved. In addition, gypsum chips are not exposed to additional atmospheric effects, which affects its longer storage time.
When choosing a transit option for transshipment, the goods undergo much more operations that do not always positively affect its properties.
Important Factors When Choosing a Construction Cargo Handling CompanyFaced with the need for transshipment, bulk materials such as gypsum or its crumb, you need to seriously approach the choice of a company that will provide work in this profile.
First of all, it is necessary to pay attention to the development of the company's infrastructure, namely, the presence of transport, own warehouses with security, equipment for unloading or loading, berths and other production facilities.