Detailed storage and transhipment instructions
Transportation of goods by sea cargo ships is an actively developing branch of the modern economy. One of the most modern types of product packaging in preparation for transportation or transshipment is big bags.
What is big bag?Big bag is a special bag made of polypropylene material, which is used as a soft container. The carrying capacity of this type of packaging varies from 300 kg to 3 tons.
One of the features of the big bag is the presence of slings, for which the packing bag is lifted during transportation. The number of slings, depending on the carrying capacity of the bag, is from two to four.
Stages of goods transshipment in the port
- Acceptance of goods at a terminal or other collection point.
- Transportation of cargo to the port territory using railway trains or trucks.
- Unloading of goods to the site or warehouse in the port.
- Warehousing of cargo.
- Preparing for additional storage (if necessary).
- Loading and unloading operations (LUO).
- Additional work (if necessary) - fumigation, separation, trimming, etc.
- Registration of accompanying documentation (bills of lading, acts of acceptance of cargo, executive documentation).
- Provision of brokerage services (when concluding an agreement with a broker).
- Agency service of sea cargo by a specialist.
What is indicated in the documentation for the cargo during transshipment?
- name of the cargo, its exact weight, volume and dimensions;
- the volume of the consignment, which is subject to monthly transportation;
- type of packaging;
- the exact size of one package;
- hazard class of the cargo;
- transshipment terms;
- individual requirements for loading/unloading goods.
Preparatory stages of transshipment
- Evaluation of goods and their volumetric indicators, which allows you to select containers, taking into account the characteristics of the transportation process.
- Weighing big bags without and with goods, which allows you to find out the exact weight of the cargo and prevent it from being stolen during transshipment.
- Filling out the documentation (see the previous block).
- Transshipment of cargo and the aforementioned weighing of goods with cargo.
- Sealing of loaded big bags.
Final stages of cargo transshipmentAfter a certain time, weight certificates are provided for the loaded goods. They indicate the data of the cargo and its quantitative characteristics.
Further, if the specificity of the goods requires it, a phytosanitary certificate is issued, and the cargo itself is sent to the warehouse for transit storage. The final stage is loading the goods onto the ship along with the accompanying documentation.
Salt transshipmentEdible salt is the most massively mined mineral not only in Ukraine, but all over the world.
The waybill for such goods must contain the following information:
- type of salt (depending on the way it is processed);
- the consistency of the substance and its fractionation;
- an indicator of certified moisture content, which is determined by conducting a special laboratory analysis.
After receiving the necessary documentation, the salt is loaded into big bags and transported further according to the existing algorithm.
The most convenient type of container for transporting salt is big bags, which meet all environmental requirements, and also reduce the cost of transporting the substance.
Advantages of transporting goods in big bags
- Resistance of polypropylene fibers to temperature extremes and chemicals.
- The optimal combination of price and quality.
- High strength, which allows you to perfectly preserve the goods during transportation.
- The ability to store and carry out loading operations without compromising the quality of work.
- Reducing the loss of cargo when performing transshipment operations.