Export of grain is a strategic and budget-forming direction of foreign trade, both on the scale of the Black Sea region and throughout our country. According to the data from the report of the Fiscal Service, for the period from the beginning of 2019 to 5 June 2020, the volume of transhipment of corn for export in total exceeded 29 million tons. Compared to the previous period, the increase is 4.2% and will continue to increase at a similar pace.
The largest share in the transshipment of grain after the elevator terminals of Nikolaev falls on the berths in the water area of the port of Chernomorsk. At the moment, the production facilities of TEK-TRANS GROUP FORWARD LLC can provide transshipment of grain cargo in the region of 7-8 million tons per year. For agents and contractors of commercial cargo transportation, we offer:
- complex loading and unloading operations using gantry berth cranes and special equipment;
- internal placement and forwarding of goods in the port;
- storage in piece containers (big bags) and storage bins (silos);
- stevedoring services;
- services of customs brokers for paperwork for export and import cargo.
- ship agency service.
Potential for handling corn for export
October-November 2019 saw a strong rise in the pace and volume of export corn shipment through the seaports of Ukraine. The number of tons of this grain crop for the specified period was 4.2-4.5 times higher than in the previous year. The main growth was provided by a sharp rise in supplies to Egypt, Turkey, China and Israel.
Despite the difficult economic situation around the world, by mid-summer 2020, the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture had already declared an increase in export deliveries of corn by 1.3 million tons. This is a good signal for exporters and a reason for them to look for profitable contracts. And also consider several options for cooperation with stevedoring companies and choose the best one.
We provide all conditions for storing maize before shipping to ships, vehicles and railway trains.
On the territory of our complex TTG "Forward", storage silos are provided for receiving goods that are being prepared for further transshipment. They store corn grain for shipment in batches both by bulk (bulk) to ships, and for dosing and packing it into containers - gondola cars, grain trucks or individual bags of big bags. The latter are increasingly being used for the transshipment of corn destined for domestic consumers.
For storage of general piece-containerized cargo in bags, an open warehouse area is allocated. Its area is12 250 sq. m. which allows placing thousands of tons of prepackaged corn. The railway line No. 10 is close to the warehouse site, connecting it with the station "Chornomorsk Port" and opening the way for further transportation of grain to the nearby regions.
Port forwarders are responsible for the safety of general cargo and their containers in an open warehouse.They are responsible for:
- customs clearance;
- control of sampling by the sanitary-epidemiological service, obtaining conclusions of laboratory tests for compliance with GOST and ISO standards;
- registration of permits for the export of goods from the port territory;
Freight forwarders monitor the storage conditions of corn shipped in big bags every shift, up to its shipment to the final or intermediate counterparty.
Why is the handling of maize in big bags preferable for domestic circulation?Big bags combine several successful solutions at once, making them an ideal option for packing bulk cargo in the range of 1.5-2 tons. This weight is easily handled by ordinary forklifts that are used at every commodity base. To grip the bag has 1 and 2 pairs of strong slings.
Handling of big bags are also suitable for the following reasons:
- Their material is durable and resistant to biocorrosion. The canvas for a big bag is woven of polypropylene yarns with a density of 60-240 g / sq.m. From the outside, it is protected by a lamination layer. It restrains moisture and dust from the atmosphere, prevents the grain from absorbing foreign odors. To prevent the corn kernels from crumbling and rubbing against the inner wall, the bag is laid with a smooth high-pressure polyethylene (LDPE) film.
- The presence of stiffeners. Even an empty bag holds its shape when unfolded. In its corners, the closing sheets of fabric are held together by an overlock seam with a strong longitudinal cord in the center. These seams form stiffeners that keep the bag stable under the pressure of the load.
- Big bags fold easily for compact storage. Along the line of seams, the sides are easily bent and the container can be stored compactly folded 8-12 times. The empty bag can be reused at any time.
- Convenient loading and unloading with valves. For the subsequent metering or unloading of corn in bulk, a drain valve covered with a lapel can be sewn onto the bottom of the big bag. For vertical loading from rotary dispensers, bags of this type also have an upper valve. Both valves, upper and lower, are adjustable with sewn-in ties.